Veteran Services Center
Graduating in May? Attend Pre-Graduation Veterans' Convocation!
All GCC Veterans graduating in May 2104 are invited to be honored and to receive their official GCC Veteran’s graduation stole during the MCCCD Maricopa Veterans Education Taskforce (MVET) Convocation. Convocation will be held at 4:30 p.m., May 1, 2014, at Phoenix College (North Gym). Dress is business to semi-formal. Light refreshments will be served. Family and friends welcome. RSVP with the number of guests in your party to GCC Veterans Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Veteran Services Center at Glendale Community College is a "one-stop" service for veterans who want to pursue education. Named a Military-Friendly school by GI Jobs, the Veteran Services Center can help you transition from military life to the academic environment, get academic support and move into a civilian career.
Our advisors are veterans themselves. Let them help you plan your academic path, identify federal and state benefit options, and connect with veteran services both on campus and in our surrounding community.
The VSC can help you:
- Choose and register for classes;
- Plan your degree;
- Complete financial aid forms;
- Understand tuition and book deferment options;
- Explore civilian career options, career counseling and job search tools;
- Meet Department of Veterans Affairs regulations to use Veterans Educational Assistance benefits; and
- Network with other veterans in the Veterans Support Coalition or the Veteran Womens' Support Group.
Please take a moment to fill out our Veteran Services Center Survey.