Students Under Age 18
Students under age 18 years old are welcome to enroll at GCC, provided admissions requirements are met.
Start by completing the Request for Admission form and then contact Enrollment Services for additional information.
Admissions Requirements and Eligibility:
Admission to Glendale Community College may be granted to any person under the age of 18 who achieves one of the following:
- A composite score of 93 or more on the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT).
- A composite score of 930 or more on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- A composite score of 22 or more on the American College Test (ACT).
- A passing score on the relevant portions of the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) test.
- Completion of a college placement test designated by the Community College District that indicates the appropriate college level for the course.
- Graduation from a private or public high school or possession of a high school certificate of equivalency.
Enrollment in vocational courses will be considered on an individual basis if the student meets the established requirements of the courses for which the student enrolls and enrollment is in the best interest of the student.
Admission shall be considered on an individual basis and upon written concurrence of the student, parent or guardian, and Director of Admissions, Registration and Records. The final decision for admission and enrollment to any class will be determined by the Director of Admissions, Registration and Records in consultation with the department chairperson. Students must renew admittance eligibility each semester they wish to be enrolled in the Admission for Students Under the Age of 18 program. Students in the Admission for Students Under the Age of 18 program are expected to be fully acquainted with and comply with all the current published policies, rules, and regulations.
Required Admissions Documents:
Students under the age of 18 requesting admission to Glendale Community College must submit the following documents:
- Request for Admission for Students Under the Age of 18 (PDF file).
- SIF - Student Information Form (PDF file.)
- Unofficial High School Transcript - including courses, grades, courses in progress, AIMS test scores.
- Letter from the student stating reason(s) for enrollment.
- Placement test scores for placement in English, reading or mathematics courses (ASSET, COMPASS, CELSA). Check the Schedule of Classes or call (623) 845-3058 for assessment times.
- Original copy of ACT, PSAT, or SAT test scores.
THE COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ENROLL STUDENTS IN COURSES. The final decision will be determined by the designated college administrator in consultation with the department chairperson.
Mon. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri., Aug. 21 and 28, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat., Aug. 22, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Mon. - Wed. 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thurs. 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.