Enroll - New Student Checklist
Do you need to take placement tests? Yes, if:
- You are attending college for the first time (and do not have prior college credit) AND
- You want to earn an associate’s degree or transfer to a college/university to complete a bachelor’s degree
Students who place into developmental courses are required to begin their course sequences within the first two semesters as well as CPD150 during their first semester.
Here's a test you can't fail...but you CAN study for!
The Accuplacer (reading, writing, and math) and CELSA (English language) placement tests are tools that help GCC advisors determine which classes are best for you.
The Placement Test is not a pass/fail exam, is untimed and FREE.
When you go:
- No reservation is needed. Tests are given on a walk-in basis.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Bring your eight-digit Student ID number.
- Allow 2.5 hours to take the ACCUPLACER test.
- Allow 45 minutes to take the CELSA test.
To review your test score, ask for a Course Placement Chart.