Enroll - New Student Checklist
Creating an MEID Account is simple!*
First, go online and get your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) number. (You will need your social security number. If you do not have a social security number, or do not want to register online, go to the Enrollment Center to submit an application.)
During the process you will receive:
- Your MEID number (use it to log into your Student Center account, your student email account, and campus computers).
- An 8-digit student ID number (used for accessing your private student records).
- Your student Google email account.
- A password to access all of your GCC student accounts.
Next, log into your Student Center to complete the Student Information Form (SIF). See detailed instructions on how to do this. You may also download and print out a SIF (below) then submit it to the Enrollment Center:
- SIF English version
- SIF En Español
- SIF Hoop of Learning, a High School to College Bridge Program for Native-American Students.
Wait! You're not finished yet. Activate your student email account. You’ll receive messages about class cancellations, tuition due dates and course-specific instructions at this email address.
To complete Step 1, submit proof of identification to the Enrollment Center and verify your residency status for tuition purposes.
*Students under age 18 who have not graduated from high school and do not have a GED will need special permission to enroll. Call (623) 845-3313.
Now that you're admitted, you can:
- Complete the FAFSA and scholarship applications as soon as possible. It takes approximately four weeks for federal processors to evaluate your FAFSA and send the results to the GCC Financial Aid office. Financial Aid applications for the Fall semester are processed by your GCC Financial Aid office beginning mid-spring on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Contact the GCC Financial Aid office to learn about Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, scholarships and other funding options.
- Submit prior education, if applicable (i.e. High School and/or College/University official transcripts).
- Undecided on a major? Connect with Counseling and Career Services.
- Visit campus to familiarize yourself with the services and resources.