For non-emergencies call 623-845-3535
For emergencies call: 480-784-0911
College safety is our priority. GCC Public Safety officers are campus police, patrolling campuses 24/7, ensuring safe and secure learning environment for students, staff, faculty and visitors. Public Safety officers also provide traffic control, safety hazard identification, employee training and orientation, and collaboration with the Glendale Police Department when needed.
Student Safety and Security
Glendale Community College is not liable for thefts and/or damages occurring on campus grounds. The following suggestions, however, are offered for your consideration and implementation.
- Immediately report all accidents, damage or thefts to Public Safety, located in the Campus Safety Building.
- Close all vehicle windows and lock all doors.
- Keep all personal items out of plain view.
- Report all suspicious activities and/or persons to Public Safety.
- Use the buddy system, especially after dark. Escorts are available from the Public Safety Department. Call (623) 845-3535 to request a Public Safety escort.
- Attend free personal safety classes and other seminars when offered by the Public Safety Department.
Lost and Found
No matter where you lost your item, all lost and found items are taken to your campus Public Safety office. Visit your campus Public Safety office to report a lost item, to drop off a found item, or to claim your lost item.
Public Safety Mission and Vision
Department Mission: The Department of Public Safety supports the educational mission of the Maricopa County Community Colleges by providing professional, community-oriented services to ensure a safe and secure campus for our students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Department Vision: To be a model in providing ethical, effective, efficient and value-oriented emergency preparedness, law enforcement and public safety services within higher education.
This Is a Designated Safe Place
The Public Safety office, GCC Library Media Center and the GCC North Library are designated “safe places” where anyone in need of shelter from abuse can find help.
In the event of an emergency please call 911 or Public Safety immediately. Detailed emergency plans are posted in campus classrooms. To view a specific topic, right-click the title and open in a new window..
- General Emergency
- Bomb Threat
- Crime in Progress
- Disruptive Person
- Gas Leak
- Hazardous Material Event
- Sick/Injured Employee
- Medical Emergencies
- Power Outage
- Suspicious Letter/Package
- Person with a Weapon
- Severe Weather