Types of Aid

Do You Have Financial Aid Questions? Call 1-855-622-2332 (toll free)


You will be awarded a Federal grant automatically if the information you provided in your FAFSA meets the eligibility criteria. There is no separate application. Depending on your eligibility, you may be awarded a Pell Grant or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG).


Local and national organizations, businesses, institutions and private donors offer scholarship money. Apply for Academic Works scholarships through the Maricopa Foundation, and for others created specifically for Glendale Community College students.

Work-Study Program

The Federal Work Study program awards part-time jobs to students with financial need. Your eligibility is based on your FAFSA; a separate application is not necessary.

Student Loans

Student Loans are governmental loans that must be paid back after you graduate.

Tax Credits

The Internal Revenue Service American Opportunity, Hope and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits are available to taxpayers who meet specific criteria. If you meet the criteria you can subtract tax credits when filing your taxes every year.

Native Americans

Complete a Bureau of Indian Affairs Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) form. Contact your Tribe to obtain an FNA form.

Veterans & Military Personnel

Additional funding options are available for military service personnel, veterans and veterans' dependents. Visit the Veteran Services Center for assistance. 



Building: Enrollment Center (EC)
Phone: 1-855-622-2332 (toll free)
Fax: (623) 845-3310
Email: finaid@gccaz.edu
Hours of Operation


Mon. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Mon. - Wed. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thurs. 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.