Get College Credit for Your High School Classes
Choose dual enrollment and get a head start on college.
Dual enrollment is a great idea for eligible high school juniors and seniors who want to earn college credit for taking high school classes. Students at participating schools can earn Maricopa Community College credit for classes, and upon graduation, transfer those credits to GCC or to a four-year university.
Why do high school students like the GCC dual enrollment program?
- You can complete college-level classes right at your own high school;
- Learn in a familiar and comfortable environment with teachers you already know;
- then, transition those credits easily to college;
- perhaps even bypass AP tests to earn college credits.
- While you’re enrolled, you can use the college library, computer labs and online library resources.
To get started, talk to your high school counselor.
Steps for Dual Enrollment
Step 1 Directions for Applying for Admissions Online (.pdf)
Step 2 Activate Student Email
Step 3 Course Testing & Prerequisites Guidelines (.pdf) To see practice tests click here.
Step 4 Register for the class by due date in your Registration Packet, below.
Step 5 Pay Tuition and Fees by due date in your Registration Packet, below.
- Barry Goldwater High School Registration Packet (.pdf)
- Glendale Union High School District Registration Packet (.pdf)
- Peoria Unified School District Registration Packet (.pdf)
- Shadow Ridge High School Registration Packet (.pdf)
- Westview High School Registration Packet (.pdf)
Maricopa Grant Application is now closed. The deadline was August 21, 2015.
- Payment Plan Instructions (.pdf) step by step instructions to sign up
- Dependent Domicile Affidavit (.pdf) for students who have lived in AZ for less than a year
- Dependent Tuition Waiver (.pdf) for MCCCD Employees Only
- Maricopa Dual Enrollment Flier.
- GCC Student Catalog and Student Handbook for all students.
- For transfer information visit: www.aztransfer.com.