Get College Credit for Your High School Classes
Choose dual enrollment and get a head start on college.
Dual enrollment is a great idea for eligible high school juniors and seniors who want to earn college credit for taking high school classes. Students at participating schools can earn Maricopa Community College credit for classes, and upon graduation, transfer those credits to GCC or to a four-year university.
Why do high school students like the GCC dual enrollment program?
- You can complete college-level classes right at your own high school;
- Learn in a familiar and comfortable environment with teachers you already know;
- then, transition those credits easily to college;
- perhaps even bypass AP tests to earn college credits.
- While you’re enrolled, you can use the college library, computer labs and online library resources.
To get started, talk to your high school counselor, or complete the forms below.
Steps for Dual Enrollment
Step 1 Directions for Applying for Admission Online (.pdf)
Step 2 Test Requirements (.pdf)
Step 3 DE Registration Packet (.pdf) REGISTRATION DEADLINE – Friday, Feb. 13, 2015
Step 4 Payment Plan Schedule (.pdf) PAYMENT DEADLINE – Friday, Feb. 20, 2015
Maricopa Grant Application (.pdf) APPLICATION DEADLINE – Friday, Jan. 30, 2015
Tuition assistance available to those students who demonstrate financial need and is based on availability of funds.
- Payment Plan Instructions (.pdf) step by step instructions to sign up.
- Dependent Domicle Affidavit (.pdf) for students who have lived in AZ for less than a year.
- Dependent Tuition Waiver (.pdf) for MCCCD Employees Only.
- GCC Student Catalog & Handbook for all students.
- For transfer information visit: www.maricopa.edu/transfer/partners.