The Facilities Management Department is charged to provide oversight to all the activities related to the facilities assigned to Glendale Community College on two sites. This includes:
- Routine, predictive and preventive maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural systems.
- Building operations to include custodial, grounds maintenance and central plant operations.
- Purchases of campus furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
- Receiving and delivery of all package shipments.
- Property control and capital asset management.
- Sustainability initiatives to include water and energy reduction, recycling, "green" products selection, participation in building design, and fixture selection.
- Major and minor construction projects in conjunction with District staff, consultants, and contracted personnel.
- Facility use including event set-up and facility rentals.
- Fleet management.
- Employee requests for new keys, key returns and lock re-keying.