The Glendale Community College 49th Annual Commencement Ceremony will be held at 7:00 p.m., Friday, May 9, 2014 at University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ. Family and friends will be allowed to enter the stadium as early as 6 p.m.
Watch the live broadcast online.
Graduates must be in line in the AZSTA Grand Lobby no later than 6:30 p.m. Graduates, refer to your graduation instruction letter for rehearsal information. Pick up caps and gowns in the EC building through Wed., May 7 by 4:00 p.m.
Make sure you attend your graduation rehearsal at 5:45 p.m., Thursday, May 8, in SU104. This is your opportunity to make sure your name is pronounced correctly at graduation.
Parking for guest and graduates is available east of the stadium in the EP and E2 lots. Please arrive in plenty of time to find a parking place and seat prior to the ceremony. All attendees will use Entrance 2 to enter the stadium.
PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST
The following items will not be permitted inside the University of Phoenix Stadium. There are no lockers available outside of the stadium to secure items not allowed inside nor can any items be held by security staff members
- Animals (except for service animals)
- Balloons (helium)
- Banners or signs with advertising
- Beverages other than 1 factory sealed non-frozen 500ml (16.9 fl oz) bottle of water.
- Bicycles, skateboards, Segways, wheelies or roller blades
- Cameras with professional photo lenses (larger than 8”), tripods or monopods
- Clothing deemed obscene or indecent
- Confetti, glitter or streamers
- Containers: Water bottles (metal, glass or other materials) or Canteens
- Coolers of any kind
- Fireworks or sparklers
- Food (except for children under the age of 2 or those with a medical condition)
- Illegal drugs
- Smokeless Cigarettes
- Weapons – included but not limited to firearms & knives
- Any item deemed inappropriate or hazardous by stadium security