Special 50th Anniversary Graduation Celebration
Many special surprises are planned for this historic graduation ceremony!
Glendale Community College Commencement Ceremony
Date: May 15, 2015, 6:00 p.m.
Venue: University of Phoenix Stadium (directions and maps)
Keynote speaker: Morris Callaman, a Glendale Community College alumni who continued his education at ASU, earning an engineering degree, then an MBA, then a law degree. Callaman opened his own legal office in 2005, the Callaman Firm LLC.
See the Commencement Instructions (.pdf) for students and their guests.
Students please note: if your mailing address changed after you sent in your application for graduation, you must update your address with a Graduation Technician in the Enrollment Center.
Don’t forget to Complete Your Graduation Application!
Parking for guest and graduates is available east of the stadium in the EP and E2 lots. Please arrive in plenty of time to find a parking place and seat prior to the ceremony. All attendees will use Entrance 2 to enter the stadium.
- Animals (except for service animals)
- Balloons (helium)
- Banners or signs with advertising
- Beverages other than 1 factory sealed non-frozen 500ml (16.9 fl oz) bottle of water
- Bicycles, skateboards, Segways, wheelies or roller blades
- Cameras with professional photo lenses (larger than 8”), tripods or monopods
- Clothing deemed obscene or indecent
- Confetti, glitter or streamers
- Containers: Water bottles (metal, glass or other materials), Canteens or glass vases
- Coolers of any kind
- Fireworks or sparklers
- Food (except for children under the age of 2 or those with a medical condition)
- Illegal drugs
- Selfie or GoPro Sticks
- Smokeless Cigarettes
- Weapons- included but not limited to firearms & knives
- Any item deemed inappropriate or hazardous by stadium security
SHOW OFF YOUR GRAD CAP
You know you’ve spent hours on Pinterest scoping out ideas for your graduation. Now put those skills to the test and decorate your graduation cap! Post it online using #GCCgrad for a chance to win a prize package of GCC gear and free food/drink coupons to local eateries.
We’ll be watching for your pics on Twitter and Instagram. One winner will be chosen on Monday, May 11. The prize package must be picked up on the main campus during regular hours the week of finals, May 11-14.
Here are the details:
Post your photo of your decorated cap on Twitter or Instagram using hashtag #GCCgrad. The photo must be of your original work. You can also email your photo to email@example.com.
All photos submitted become property of Glendale Community College and could subsequently be used in other means of communication (including but not limited to marketing efforts and advertising via Web, print, video, audio or television) by GCC.
Photos must be school-appropriate. Photos deemed inappropriate will be disqualified from contest.
Contest ends 5 a.m., Mon., May 11.