Online Learning Tools
Come to the Center for Learning (CFL) to use popular online educational tools. The computer lab consists of 50 computers equipped with internet, various software (listed below), and staff that will help you find the right tool for your learning success. The lab is open to anyone 16 years and older.
Not a GCC student and you want to use the lab? Enroll in CFL Lab class at any time during the semester. Cost is $20/semester. To enroll, stop in the CFL during hours of operation.
Online Tools available:
Tip Sheets. Free hard copy guides available in the CFL for you to take. (PDF links coming soon). Topics available:
- An Effective Textbook Study Strategy.
- Avoiding Plagiarism.
- Improving Your Memory.
- Learning to Learn.
- Managing Your Time Effectively.
- Preparing For and Taking Exams.
- Steps to Writing A Research Paper.
- Taking Good Notes in Lectures.
- Taking Useful Notes From Texts.
- Tips for Improving Vocabulary.
- General software: Using and Understanding English Grammar, Fundamentals of English Grammar, Learning and Workings Styles Inventory and more.
- English skills software: American Speechsounds/Healthcare, Rosetta Stone and more.