Achieving a College Education (ACE)
High School Sophomores: Not sure if college is for you?
GCC’s Achieving a College Education (ACE) Program invites High School sophomores to try out college classes during their junior and senior years, and earn up to 24-college credits by the time they graduate high school. See ACE application information.
High School juniors and seniors get to:
- Attend weekly college classes during the summer, and attend classes on Saturdays the rest of the year.
- Experience life in college now, and discover if college is right for you.
- Earn up to 24-college credits by the time you graduate high school and finish college faster.
Want more information? Attend an upcoming ACE Recruitment Information Session
High school sophomores and their parents/guardians are invited to learn more about the program and how to apply. All high school sophomores are eligible to apply for the ACE Program. ACE Program Information Sessions will be held:
Sat., Nov. 7 or Nov. 14.
Come to a 9 a.m. or 12 p.m. (noon) session, at
Glendale Community College
6000 W. Olive Ave., Student Union, Room 104E
Glendale, AZ 85302
The three main goals of the ACE Program are to:
- Increase the number of students graduating from high school
- Increase the number of students continuing on to college
- Increase the number of students earning a degree or certificate.
ACE has a proven track record of encouraging students to graduate high school while concurrently completing college courses.
- 90-95% of ACE students graduate from high school.
- >83% of ACE students who graduate from high school go on to attend college.
- The overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of ACE students is 3.0 (B) for all college course work completed while concurrently enrolled in high school.
Does ACE Work? (Statistics from the 2012 Maricopa ACE Programs Progress Report)
- 83% of students who enroll in ACE complete the program.
- 84% of ACE students graduate from high school with an average GPA of 3.23.
- 80% of ACE students go on to attend a college or university.
ACE Student Participation by Gender:
ACE Student Participation by Ethnicity:
Apply Now! See ACE application information.
ATTENTION ACE SENIORS:
Are you wondering what steps to take next for college completion? No worries! Contact your ACE Advisor to assist you.
Tues.-Fri. 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sat. 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Mon.- Thurs. 7 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.