Family Life Education
Family life education encompasses many types in social services and education. Typically, the job title of human services assistants provide customers with support and assistance in obtaining social services to meet their unique needs. They work closely with teachers, court liaisons, social workers, psychologists, and providers of medical care to provide quality service to customers. They maintain accurate records and consult with supervisors when problems come up.
Associate in Applied Science
- Students planning to transfer to a 4-year College or University should complete a(n) AA degree at GCC.
- Students planning to transfer to ASU may refer to the appropriate Maricopa-ASU Partnership Program (MAPP) below for guidance in selecting courses towards their AA degree.
Please see an advisor for more information.
General Program Information
Family Life Education programs will prepare individuals to enter the family life education, human development, or child and family organizations field at the paraprofessional level.
For more information please visit the Technology & Consumer Sciences department page.
- adoption and foster care facilities
- adult day care centers and senior centers
- crisis intervention agencies and community mental health clinics
- group and halfway houses
- hospice care
- social service agencies
- child and family community-based organizations
- social and human service assistant
- social work assistant
- program aide
- adult day program aide
- developmental assistant
- recreation assistant
- family support specialist
- habilitation technician
- direct support provider