Business - General
Virtually all businesses/organizations, large or small, employ managers and supervisors to oversee operations. Planning work and supervising staff are key functions of this job. To do these effectively, the supervisor must know the strength and weaknesses of each member of the staff, as well as the results required and time allotted to each job. They must be very knowledgeable regarding the business, products and customers to ensure organizational success. Supervisors and managers conduct strategic planning to anticipate future trends in the economy.
- Students planning to transfer to a 4-year College or University should complete a(n) ABus-GR;degree at GCC.
- Students planning to transfer to ASU may refer to the appropriate Maricopa-ASU Partnership Program (MAPP) below for guidance in selecting courses towards their ABus-GR degree.
Please see an advisor for more information.
General Program Information
Programs allow students to gain skills in business management, marketing, accounting, human resources and supervision to effectively lead organizations. In addition, students can learn how to start up and manage their own company with the Small Business Entrepreneurship certificate.
For more information please visit the Business & Information Technology department page.
- federal, state, and local government agencies
- business management companies
- colleges, universities, and schools
- hospitals and health care organizations
- retail and distribution companies
- financial services companies
- nonprofit organizations
- assistant manager
- general manager
- small business owner