Advisement FAQ

Can I set up an appointment with an advisor?

Advisors are available for walk-ins, appointments during the following times are for first semester assigned students only.

Appointment Available*

  • January 30, 2016 -  March 3, 2017
  • September 4 - September 29, 2017

We do  not provide advisement over the phone, only general information to protect your privacy as explained in the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.

When is the last day to register for classes?

You can register for classes up until the start of class. Once a class has started, registration is no longer permitted. (For example, if a class starts on Aug. 22 at 9 a.m., the student has until Aug. 22 at 8:58 a.m. to register).

  • Last day for Spring 2017 - January 17
  • Last day for Summer 2017 - N/A
  • Last day for Fall 2017 - N/A 

​The last day to register may be different for late start classes. 

What type of degrees do you offer?

See our available degrees and certifications.

How can I have my transcript sent to me or another school?

See transcript information and policies.

What is the cost of tuition?

See tuition and fees.

Can you tell me how many classes I have left to finish my degree?

In order to see how many classes are left for a degree you must meet with an Academic Advisor to do a degree progress check.

What’s my next math class if I’m in MAT092?

Choosing a math class depends on your chosen major. Meet with an advisor to identify what class will be necessary.  

How do I know if I’m approved for Financial Aid?

Once you have completed the application and the “To Do List” is clear, you can check your status in your Student Center.  Scroll down to Finances and click on “View Financial Aid”. Click on the upcoming semester year/term. You will see an offered amount and a blank accepted amount. To confirm if you want to use grants and or loans, please click which ones you will use for the year and submit.

What kind of information do you have about nursing/CNA?

Visit the Nursing Department website for information about becoming a Registered Nurse (RN)  or a CNA.

What building are you located in?

The Advisement Department is located in the Enrollment Center Building.

Have my official transcripts been received?

Admissions & Records receives transcripts and can be contacted at (623) 845-3333 to verify. Once a college transcript has been evaluated a message will be sent to your Student Center letting you know the equivalency at GCC.

Will my credits from GCC transfer to….?

To make sure your credits will transfer to your chosen University, meet with an advisor prior to transferring ensure you take the appropriate prerequisite courses for your major. You can also check to see if your transfer school is listed on the University Transfer partner site. If the school is listed there, your credits could be transferrable to that chosen university. We encourage you to visit the University Transfer fairs held twice a year in the Student Union. Visit our Transfer Credits site to find upcoming university visits and other transfer events. 

Do you have GED classes?

GCC doesn’t offer GED classes, but Rio Salado Community College has in-person and online classes available.  

Call 480-384-9995 for online class information.



Building: Enrollment Center (EC)
Phone: (623) 845-3690
Hours of Operation


Mon. - Thurs. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fri. 9  a.m. - 5 p.m.


Mon. - Wed. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thurs. 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.

Building: GCCN C
Phone: (623) 888–7012
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Call North Advisement office for current schedule of walk-in and appointment days